Spice Rub

Dec 10, 2011

I mentioned here that I wanted to incorporate hand-made items into my Christmas gift giving this year..... One idea I had is to make my own spice rub and come up with cute packaging/jars for them. I think this will be ideal for my dad, mom, and brother. I have a co-worker with many years of culinary experience, so he is going to come up with some good recipe concepts for me. :) I can't wait...but my time is running low. I got some cute little jars and scrapbook type items to create fun tags/labels. Now I just need to get my recipe and start mixing. Expect a post on the finished product to come...

Here are a few pieces of inspiration I found on Pintrest.
A big fan of this packaging concept.

Love this tiny jar.
Adorable

Images found here:
 1 2 3

Follow me on Pintrest here

6 comments

  1. I followed over here from the comments section at Nat the Fat Rat, and I'm glad I did! I love your blog design. And a spice rub? So cool!

    I love finding new blogs, so I'll be back to read some more for sure. If you want to come say hi, I blog over at reverie..

    Love,
    S

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you found me. :)

    I'll head over to yours now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow this is a great idea. I'm making Jams, lemon curd and chutneys for presents this year!

    Merry Christmas :)

    Hailes <3

    hailesheartsfashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooo that pinterest! great site for ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent Idea darling! I love that you are putting it in a cute jar! Definitely show us the finished product!
    I hope you'll link up with Wish! {out loud} and share your wish!
    http://flyingfarandfree.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hailes, please share your recipes. :) Wold love to make chutney.
    Robin, I'm checking out wish out loud right now. :)

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear from you!

© Roots Out West - Branding by Union Shore - Blog Theme by FCD