3 of 15 // Juniper

Mar 7, 2015



On a Saturday night about 2 weeks ago, two gal pals and I headed to Juniper in the Central West End. to knock another restaurant off my 15 in 15 list. We headed there around 8:00 PM, and without a reservation there were no seats to be had (even at the bar). So, we put our name on the list and walked down a few doors to The West End Grill & Pub and sipped craft beer for about 45 minutes before we received our text that there was seating available.

We were seated at the bar and checked out the cocktail menu- We all opted for "Bartenders Choice". Basically, we got to choose our base liquor and a  flavor profile and they crafted a cocktail. Mine was a Tito's vodka based cucumber/jalapeno drink (spicy, yet delicious!).

My friends and I shared some small plates - fried pickles (they were bread & butter ones), mac & cheese, deviled eggs (so tasty!) and a corn souffle. We didn't want anything too filling since we were going out for more cocktails after. This was the perfect amount of food for the three of us.

(Jalapeno cocktail)

(All of our cocktails)

(a peek behind the bar)


Conclusion :: Go to Juniper. Artisan comfort food + great atmosphere. I already have plans to go back so I can try the fried chicken- I hear it is a must!

Post a Comment

Would love to hear from you!

© Roots Out West - Branding by Union Shore - Blog Theme by FCD