Comfort

Mar 9, 2015


As I sit in Heaven
And watch over you everyday,
I try to let you know with signs
I never went away.
I hear you when you're laughing,
And watch you when you sleep.
I even place my arms around you,
To calm you as you weep.
I see you wish the days away,
Begging to have me home.
So I try to send you signs,
So you know you're not alone.
Don't feel guilty that you have
Life that was denied to me.
Heaven is truly beautiful,
Just you wait and see.
So live your life, be free
And know with every breath you take
You'll be taking one for me.
-Unknown

My mom showed me this poem and we each found a touch of comfort in it. I am sure many of you can related for various reasons and so I wanted to share.

(Sidenote: This is the first picture my dad ever took on his flip phone. He did it haphazardly while we were sitting outside bbq-ing so I could show him how to take one and send it. I think it actually turned out great.)

2 comments

  1. Wow, such a great poem Jess. Thanks for sharing. Your dad did a great job with the picture above. Love that bright and happy sunshine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This poem really hit home for me, I'm glad you too enjoyed it.

      Delete

Would love to hear from you!

© Roots Out West - Branding by Union Shore - Blog Theme by FCD