2017 Intentions - Monthly Household Tasks

Jan 12, 2017

One of my 2017 Intentions is to complete the designated household task that I pre-set for the month. I'm going to break down these tasks (and updates) quarterly on the blog to log my progress. It won't be pretty, it won't be earth-shattering - it will be real and it will make an impact on the state of my home (and mindset). Within each month there could be a series of mini-tasks to do weekly to help me achieve my goal or accomplish other goals outside the main one.

Quarter 1 Goals --

January - Hang Curtain Rods
This is a major one for me- I have been wanting them up for ages but it's a 2 man job that I never was able to recruit someone for (maybe I didn't try hard enough). Now, my boyfriend has agreed to assist me with various household tasks and we are going to get this knocked out. Next week I am taking an inventory of my curtain rods and getting the project in motion. I can't wait. I'll take a few (hideous) befores and (hopefully decent) afters. I don't know what curtains I will hang yet, but it's all a work in progress.

February -Style Living Room 
This month I got ahead of the game by ordering some new furniture for my living room/entry way. I ordered a shiplap coat rack and a bench & also hope to get a new coffee table also. These things coupled with some new curtains, wall decor and a new lamp should have my living room looking pretty put-together.
Entry Inspo (and exact shiplap coat rack ordered)

I love this image below specifically because the set up resembles my living room. I have a very similar couch and layout. I would really like to get b&w shots from my parents' farm to frame like this, I  hope to use a curtain rod & my curtains from my old apartment, and I want a new lamp (maybe like this) to add another soft light option to the room. I am still using the pillows that came with the couch, which are decent, but don't mix great with my rug, so I would like to incorporate a few new ones and nix a few of those. Depending on how costs go on the other to-dos, this one may get accomplished also.

Living Room Inspo- 

March - Clean & Style Upstairs Guest Room
This room is coming along, but still has plenty of clutter and has become a catch-all. I want to get rid of the clutter and get it in order so it can be a cozy reading nook + guest room.


There you have Q1 - wish me luck!

Post a Comment

Would love to hear from you!

© Roots Out West - Branding by Union Shore - Blog Theme by FCD