The Cattleman popped the question

Dec 29, 2017

WE'RE ENGAGED!



12.16.17

We had a date night in Hannibal, MO on the agenda to head to Mark Twain Brewing Company. A spot we have frequented throughout our relationship. Before we headed into the brewery, the Cattleman suggested we take a walk in the downtown area since it was lit up for Christmas.
So, as we were strolling around main street, he pulled me aside, shared some heartfelt words and popped the question. I loved this little moment of ours and it felt very surreal- I said yes!
We saw this cute spot with mistletoe and two ladies stopped us to see if we wanted a picture - it was pretty adorable, but naturally I'm biased.
After a bit we headed into the brewery and enjoyed our dinner + craft beer that was accompanied by live music. We didn't share with anyone that we were engaged and I love that we got to keep the news in our own little secret bubble for the evening. After dinner we headed to see Christmas lights at "candy cane lane"- a local area that two homes decorated like a winter wonderland. It was honestly pretty impressive.
That evening, we plotted on how to tell our parents and decided on taking my Mom to breakfast the next morning and to go by his parents' afterwards on the way to our first Christmas gathering for the season. Both were so happy for us and couldn't wait to share the news.
I love the life the Cattleman and I have already started together and cannot wait to keep living out my forever with this man. 2018 looks like it will be holding some great things!



4 comments

Would love to hear from you!

© Roots Out West - Branding by Union Shore - Blog Theme by FCD