Wedding Update v.3

Jun 12, 2018

My Knot app tells me we have 67 days until our big day!! 9 weeks. Wow!

I shared my last  wedding update in April & since then we've had a few updates - but truthfully, not a ton. Our wedding has been on the poor back-burner with more pressing deadlines with my home sale + move. But alas, we are ready to punch the gas and put a plan in place to finish up all the pending to-dos. It's not a ton, but just enough to cause a touch of anxiety.


Head-table :: We have to finalize details there, but I find this image inspiring! A bit too flower-y for me, but inspiring none the less. I also like the simplicity of  this.

My dress :: picking it up and dropping off for alterations next week!!

Invites ::  They are in and get mailed this week!!

Decor :: I have lots of ideas, just have to streamline it all and account for the pieces. We are utiliing rusty old barn tin and a mis-matched assortment of lanterns. We also will be adding candles, fairy lights & maybe some baby's breath.

Wedding Showers :: We have had two so far -- The Cattleman's  side hosted one on May 18th - I didn't get any pictures, but we had such a great time and were spoiled with such thoughtful items. My current co-workers  threw us a shower on June 1st- also so fun & we again got very spoiled.

Groom + Groomsmen attire :: Our plan is to go sans jacket - navy pants + vest, button down + tie. With an August wedding, we don't want them to have that extra layer. Something along  these lines. I kinda dig the  idea of gingham too.

Honeymoon :: This is one thing we debated on for such a long time..setting budgets, deciding on locations, etc. Ultimately, I think the fact that we weren't picky and had no bucket list destinations ended up over-complicating this one -- We've only ever been to one all inclusive resort, so we knew we are easy to please as we have very few comparisons...so after one of our Bahamas pick fell through (pricing went up an extra $1k!) we ended up deciding on a resort in Jamaica. Our co-workers and travel agent both kept raving about this resort - and it was our most affordable option, so - done & done! There are so many freebies on this one - sunset catamaran cruise, glass bottom boat ride, free massage and we like that it's a somewhat intimate resort. Ya mon!

June tasks - 
+ buy wedding bands
+ paint our hutch
+ set a hair trial & pin images
+ have our full engagement picture shoot
+ work on signage with my matron of honor - she has a cricut and she's helping me with so much
+ make our favors - a beef spice rub!
+ work on thank yous
+ book rentals

2 comments

  1. Ahh, everything is going to look so good! & I can't wait to hear what you think of that resort. I've heard nothing but good things about Jamaican vacations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully all the details come together - those are all my last minute stressors. Fun though! Yes, I am sure we will love it!

      Delete

Would love to hear from you!

© Roots Out West - Branding by Union Shore - Blog Theme by FCD