:: Birthday Week ::

Oct 14, 2018

Gosh, this year is flying and here we are mid-way through October. This week marks birthday week for me. October 18th. I have had a jam-packed year and a very full- very blessed year 30. I always like to sit back and reflect on the past year, and where things stand as my birthday nears. Sometimes that can bring a sense of "what am I doing, have I done enough, is my life being lived to the fullest" sort of feeling. Can you relate?

This morning I sat on my front porch rocking chair with a cup of coffee & my journal. I soaked in the brisk Fall morning & views + sounds of the farm. I sat and wrote about all this year has brought and I'm left feeling very blessed, happy & content. When people ask me about all of my life changes  - how does moving back to a farm feel? - how does married life feel? - how does the new job feel? -- my answer is always, "you know, it all just feels right."It sounds hokey, but it's true. It all feels right and like it's where I was always supposed to end up.

I wasn't sure how adapting would go - to life back in the country and starting a job mere miles away - which meant no more office next to a Trader Joe's, Target, Home Goods, Whole Foods, Nordstorm, mall, etc. Seriously my old office was so close to so much. And my home had Starbucks right down the road. Now I drive 20 mins to get to a Wal-Mart or local coffee shop and on my route to work I only pass farms and a Dollar General. It's different, but not in a bad way, and I'm adapting just fine. I love days or evenings home on the farm with my husband.

I'm kicking off birthday week with a cozy Fall day at home. We had plans to go to a local picnic, but now I'm in homebody mode and want to stay around the house all day. Candles are burning. I'm going to bake some of those 3 ingredient pumpkin cookies and start a hamburger soup in the crockpot. There is plenty to do around here to keep me busy all day - I plan to order wedding thank you's and keep organizing and unpacking. We still have boxes from my move & wedding gifts to unpack and find homes for. We bought the last pieces of furniture we want/need for our space yesterday from Bob's Discount Store & we get to pick them up this week. I'm eager to keep making this shouse a home. It's really becoming quite cozy.

// For more introspective posts, you can check out my post from last year of 10 things I learned in my 20's.

2 comments

  1. Happy almost birthday!!! I hope you are having a great week thus far. Love that you took time to soak in all that's happened...especially on your adorable porch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy (very belated) birthday! lol Glad everything is going great for you!

    Every place I've ever lived we always had a short drive (anywhere 20-35mins) so I don't really mind driving... not sure if I could live in a big city now. The older I get, I like the slower way to life... and less traffic and people! lol

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear from you!

© Roots Out West - Branding by Union Shore - Blog Theme by FCD